Engineering Physics & Engineering Science
Forest & Paper
Naval Architecture & Marine
Surveying & Geomatics
The Best Paying Engineering Degrees
1. Information technology – average salary $87,500 per year
2. Information systems – average salary $80,250 per year
3. Industrial engineer – average salary $74,000 per year
4. Chemical engineering – average salary $63,749 per year
5. Computer programming – average salary $59,999 per year
6. Electrical engineering – average salary $56,512 per year
7. Aerospace engineering – average salary $52,500 per year
8. Mechanical engineering – average salary $50,672 per year
9. Computer science – average salary $50,046 per year
10. Civil engineering – average salary $49,427 per year
Most Interesting Engineering Degree
Most will agree that computer technology will continue to expand at an exponential rate. In our opinion software engineers are still on the cutting edge of technology, the type of technology that will advance almost every major industry in the future. Software is intrinsically designed to assist with research and development. It should also be noted that out of all engineering disciplines listed software and computer engineers may find job transition the easiest as computers are now firmly entrenched in all industries and the demand for engineers will only increase as a result.
Highest Paid Engineering Degrees
While this will be subject to change over time and may even depend on your location and demand, if you are involved in the mining industry you will have the potential to be paid very well. Petroleum engineers and chemical engineers typically have the most scope for expansion into higher paying roles within their industries.
Top Engineering Colleges
Following are the Top Engineering Colleges around the world, regularly placed amongst the very best in the world for engineering in international league tables:
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (USA)
- Ranked No. 1 in in the world for Engineering/Technology in THE - QS World University Rankings 2009.
- MIT's School of Engineering is ranked No. 1 in the U.S. News American graduate school program rankings 2010. It is also placed first in six of 12 engineering specialties - aeronautics and astronautics, chemical, computer, electrical, materials and mechanical engineering. The School of Engineering received a perfect 5.0 peer assessment score.
The University of Tokyo (Japan)
- 1st in Asia and 6th globally for Engineering/Technology (THE-QS 2009).
- The School of Engineering offers master's level and doctoral courses and degrees in the Department of Civil Engineering; Department of Architecture; Department of Urban Engineering; Department of Aeronautics and Astronautics; Department of Applied Physics; etc.
University of Cambridge (UK)
- The Department of Engineering came top of the rankings for General Engineering according to the national Research Assessment Exercise (RAE) 2008.
- A Top Engineering College in Europe, placed 1st in the region and Top 4 globally in the 2009 Times Higher Education Supplement World University Rankings for Engineering and IT Universities.
University of Toronto (Canada)
- It is the top engineering college in Canada, placed above all other Canadian institutions in the Shanghai Jiao Tong University ranking in the broad field of engineering/technology and computer sciences; and the THES ranking in the field of technology (2009).
- U of Toronto Engineering ranks 5th in North America following MIT (first overall in Technology), Berkeley, Stanford, and Caltech (THES 2009).
Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) (Korea, South)
- 21st globally in the area of Engineering and Information Technology (THE-QS 2009).
- Named the No. 1 Asian university in science and technology by the Hong Kong-based news magazine Asiaweek.
University of Melbourne (Australia)
- Rated 1st in the country and 29th in the world for Technology (Times Higher Education 2009).
- Areas of specialisation offered include Biomedical Engineering; Geomatics/Surveying; Mechatronics; Mining; Computer Science, Software Engineering & IT; etc.
Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- 26th among the World's Top 100 Engineering Colleges (THE-QS league table 2009). It was the only Hong Kong institution ranked in the top 50.
- The School of Engineering is placed among the top 5 universities in the Asia-Pacific Region, 1st amongst all universities in Greater China, including Mainland, Hong Kong, and Taiwan (ARWU 2009 World's Top 100 Universities in Engineering/Technology and Computer Sciences).
Financial Aid for International Students
Job Opportunities in Canada
University of Massachusetts Boston
University of Louisiana--Lafayette
Reviews - Louisiana State University
U.S. Public Colleges and Universities With the Cheapest Out-of-State Tuition and Fees
University Admission Deadlines
University of North Texas (UNT)
Boston University (BU)
University of Oregon
University of Westminster - Guide 2015
The University of Buckingham (UB)
Job Opportunities in Canada
Rocky Mountain College of Art and Design, Reviews
Durham University Business School, which reviewed Economics and Finance, the School was awarded a maximum score of 24/24.
Search for student accommodation for rent in the major cities of Australia
York University, Canada
Australian National University
Fashion Design School
Student Jobs in UK
How to Make Your Breasts Firm and Lifted
Engineering Degree Program
Australian Government Scholarships
Student Loans Programs